Would You Go Gay For Gosling?
Five Facts So Sexy And Amazing, You Just Might
1. Ryan Gosling lived with Justin Timberlake for two years.
Sorry, was that the sound of my ovaries swooning? The pair were both Mouseketeers for the Haus of Maus, so Gozzers bunked in with Timberlake’s family while they filmed the show. One can only imagine what went down during sleepovers with Britney and Christina…
2. Ryan Gosling turned down a place in the Backstreet Boys.
His friend AJ “Backstreet’s back ALRIGHT” McLean asked him to audition for his new boyband. Gozzers said no, because he’s all jazzy and moody and into moody jazz and stuff. He’s a nimble jazz guitarist, frequently heard wailin’ the blues round open mic nights in Hollywood, each minor cadence punctuated by the sound of girls fainting.
3. Ryan Gosling had a strict Mormon upbringing.
…Although presumably not strict enough to stop him parading around on telly in the Mickey Mouse Club. Good job, Mama Gosling. Mrs G also took him out of school because, like the best of us, Ryan was bullied relentlessly at high school. (They probably called him ‘Gozzers’.) Underdog made good? If this was facebook we’d like this.
4. Ryan Gosling bumped uglies with Sandra Bullock.
Back in 2002, Gozzers tried out the Mrs Robinson schtick with Miss Congeniality. (Sounds like a cross-genre epic tipped for greatness…) He was 22, she was 38. Let’s face it: Bullock taught him everything he knows. Oh hi!
5. Ryan Gosling stars in three excellent films in 2011.
- Drive (excellent)
- Crazy Stupid Love (excellent)
- The Ides of March (probably excellent, starring Gozzers and George Clooney - Clooners? - in a political drama so sexy it makes proportional representation and first-past-the-post sound interesting, and not just as a euphemism. Eh? Eh?)
Go on, admit it: you would.
Drive and Crazy, Stupid, Love are both in cinemas now